We guarantee effective and comprehensive representation for your business. Our reputation and history of successful companies and clients speak for themselves. We pride ourselves in helping businesses - large or small, that simply need to know how to proceed in today's economy.
Global Com Services is responsible for: consultancy, requirements gathering, architecture design, hardware and software installation, solution customization and testing, deployment.
The Senior Software Engineer in Global Com Services is a key member of a project team in charge of delivering solutions and integrating them with the customer’s core and business networks. The Senior Software Engineer must be able to take ownership of specific complex project tasks and take them to completion.
Some of the tasks involved are:
· Requirements gathering, agreeing to the project requirements with the customer and documenting requirements.
· Designing the solution and writing the Functional Specifications using proposal and requirement documentation as input with minimal supervision.
· Solution customization as part of a wider team –implementation, coding and configuration to a high-performance production standard
· Mentoring of junior engineers including code and documentation reviews.
· Subject matter expert for solution design and provide support to the team to resolve design issues.
· Create and review test plans and testing of solutions.
· On-site solution integration, customer acceptance testing and deployment.
· Trouble-shooting and issue resolution is a key aspect of this role.
The team needed for multiple locations with Extensive travel in North America, the Far East and EMEA 20 - 40%.
· Requirements gathering, design, customization, test, integration, and deployment of solutions for Network Operators.
· Work on multiple problems of diverse scope where refinement of design/requirements will be necessary & is expected to drive resolution of requirements and issues. This involves taking requirements from multiple sources, like customers and equipment vendors, plus planning and delivering the resultant project tasks and deliverables on time and to a high standard.
· Working onsite with customers as the primary technical contact and to interface with them constructively and professionally.
· Produce requirements and design specifications and test plans in the course of implementing solutions.
· Is a key member of a project team, contributes significantly to the success of the team and able to gain the co-operation of others.
· Take a leadership role as assigned by the Project Manager or Lead Engineers such as taking responsibility for the delivery of a sub-project or project.
· Leading a design activity and taking responsibility for design and development of complex tasks.
· Liaise with the wider Global Com teams (Engineering, Product Management, Support, etc) for issue resolution, new features, and product enhancements.
· Demonstrate an organized, systematic, disciplined and analytical approach to designing, problem-solving, coding and defect fixing.
· Continues to develop an appreciation of the wider field of telecommunication technology outside their own specialization and continues to develop a good broad understanding of computer system architecture, telecommunications technologies, telecommunications industry developments, and trends.
EXPERIENCE, SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE INDICATORS FOR THIS ROLE
2 to 4+ years of commercial experience ideally within a telco environment.
· UNIX/Linux (Redhat, Solaris, HP-UX) experience.
· Database (Oracle and SQL preferably) experience.
· Minimum of 3 years of structured programming experience: course work + commercial.
· Advanced Scripting experience (Shell, Python, PERL, TCL, DSD for example)
· Experience with XML and/or SOAP.
· Experience working on multi-threaded applications.
· Knowledge of development methodologies (Agile, Waterfall, SCRUM, etc)
· Can demonstrate excellent oral and written communication skills for effective dialogue with colleagues on a project team and with customers.
· Customer facing experience.
· Demonstration of analysis and troubleshooting.
· Experience of complex design and development.
Mentoring experience Used to work under pressure.
· A proven track record of delivering complex products to multiple customers.
· Experience working within the telecommunications software industry is a plus.
· In-depth understanding of telecom networks, technologies and applications (DIAMETER, RADIUS, GGSN, 4G, LTE, Gy, Gx, PCRF, PCEF, DPI) advantageous.
QUALIFICATIONSTelecommunications, Computer Science or Software Engineering related Degree is the minimum tertiary level qualification expected for this role.
Plz send your Resume to management@GlobalCOMmgmt.com
We serve a wide range of clientele, and every client relationship is valued greatly. Each engagement benefits from the depth and breadth of our expertise.
Global Communication Management offers an ever-expanding portfolio of value-added e-business related products and services. These products and services, combined with our passion for exceeding our clients' expectations, are the most essential ingredients for our success.